You are here
Mission, Goals, & Objectives
The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) promotes Lehigh's commitment to diversity and inclusion through providing resources and advocacy for students from historically marginalized populations. Our goal is to help retain and recruit these students while enhancing their experiences through cultural programming, workshops, support groups and education.
Office Goals & Objectives
- To serve as an advocate, resource, and vehicle of support for diverse students and their families in and outside of Lehigh University.
- To build an active partnership with fellow colleges, offices, and organizations at Lehigh University in an effort to enhance an inclusive, outreaching, and growing multicultural community.
- To challenge members of the Lehigh community to explore their own culture and the culture of others in the campus community in an effort to enhance greater multicultural awareness and promote dialogue exchange.
- To respond thoughtfully, intellectually, appropriately, and competently to the needs of fellow Lehigh students, their families, faculty, staff, and alumni concerning multicultural affairs.
- To Support and encourage students to explore their multiple identities.