Move Out Collection Drive and the Great South Side Sale
What is Move Out?
Every year, at the end of the spring semester, thousands of American college students move out of dormitories and apartments in their college community. Every year many of these same students find that there are items they can not or do not want to take with them. The Lehigh Valley experiences this spring ritual every year at each of the seven colleges in the area. Some students have the time and transportation to take their unwanted clothing, appliances, food, books, kitchen equipment and other useable items to charities. Many, however, find that some things simply won't fit into their cars as they are packing to leave, or some students do not know where to take donations. Whatever the reason, college communities find that dumpsters overflow, neighborhood sidewalks fill with bags and boxes of useable but unwanted items and scavengers, both human and animal, tear open bags, root through dumpsters and leave a mess behind.
DONATE IT, DON'T DUMP IT
All are welcome to donate - students, faculty, staff and community members.
Collection Dates 2017: May 10th - May 26th
Where: All Residence Halls and Lamberton
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED: Sign up form available May 2017
Any boxes that you can collect between May 10th and May 30th, 2017 can be dropped off at Lamberton Hall.
WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
HOUSEHOLD STUFF - kitchen stuff, wastebaskets, etc.
- FURNITURE - (no sofas or upholstered chairs, please)
- CLOTHING AND LINENS
- CLEANING SUPPLIES - cleansers, mops, brooms, etc.
- UNOPENED FOOD -- cans, mixes, ramen, jello, teabags, juice, perishables, etc.
- OFFICE SUPPLIES -- notebooks (even partly used), paper, folders, binders, pens, tape, pencils, crayons, markers, clips - all are used for homework club tutoring and summer work.
WHAT IS NOT COLLECTED:
- NO SOFAS OR UPHOLSTERED CHAIRS
- NO CRT TV'S; NO COMPUTER MONITORS
- NO MATRESSES OR MATRESS PADS
Items will be sold at The Great South Side Sale on June 4th to benefit children and youth programs in South Bethlehem.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
Volunteers are needed for various jobs. Contact the Community Service Office (email@example.com) OR
call 610-758-6674 OR Sign up online.