Chalking has been permitted outdoors with the following conditions to be used as a guide.
- Side walk chalk must be water-soluble chalk and used only on a horizontal walking/driving surface that is exposed to the weather elements.
- The use of markers, paints, oil-based products, spray chalk, or other products in aerosol containers is prohibited.
- Water-soluble chalk is temporary and usually is generally removed by the next rain/snow. Permanent Marker (spray chalk) is prohibited as it can be in place for months defacing the surface and requiring staff intensive labor to be removed.
- Chalking is also prohibited on all buildings, bus stops, columns, doors, fountains, indoor and outdoor furniture, light posts, signs, planters, poles, trees, vertical surfaces, walls, waste receptacles, etc.
- Offensive or inappropriate content is prohibited and may be referred for disciplinary action. Refer to the Student Handbook for additional information.