Hosting 5x10 Programs
If you are a part of a Lehigh University Office, Program, or Organization and would like to have an opportunity available for students, please read over the following criteria before submitting a 5x10 event proposal.
- The event’s objectives must closely align with the selected 5x10 foundation.
- The event must include an element of student engagement where students will have an opportunity to connect their learning to the selected 5x10 foundation and reflect on their experience.
- Participants’ learning should be the main focus of the event. Social programs will not be accepted.
- The event must be submitted at least two weeks before the event’s date.
- The venue in which the event is held must be contained to ensure that attendance is tracked accurately. (Example: The UC Front Lawn is not a contained space.)
- The submitting office/organization must be willing to assist with 5x10 attendance tracking which includes entering attendance into the LINC event page during/after the event. View the process for tracking attendance here.
- All programs must be approved by an OFYE staff member prior to advertising/hosting as a 5x10 event.
The last day for students to complete the 5x10 program requirement is Friday, November 1, 2019. Events that occur after November 1 will not be considered for the 5x10 program. The last day to submit a 5x10 event proposal is Friday, September 27, 2019. **The alignment to a 5x10 foundation and quality of student engagement may impact whether or not the program qualifies as a 5x10.**
Faculty/Staff: If you are a faculty or staff member interested in submitting an event to be considered as a 5x10, you must first join the “NavigateLU Administration” Organization on LINC. Once you are a member of the organization, please follow the instructions in this PDF to submit an event/program proposal.
Student Organizations: Students submitting events on behalf of their organizations will not need to join NavigateLU. If you are a member of a student organization, you will submit your event as you normally would in LINC through your student organization’s LINC page. A question has been added to the student organization event form where you will be asked whether or not you want your event to be considered as a 5x10. If you select “yes,” you will need to complete an additional page at the end of the event form with specific 5x10 questions.
The review process for event proposals will begin on June 14, 2019. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nicole Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5x10 Tracking Attendance Process-LINC
View the process for tracking attendance here.
The Office of First-Year Experience has several ID Card Swipe machines that you are able to borrow for your event. Please contact email@example.com to reserve a card swipe.
- Attendance must be up-to-date on the event page no more than 2 days post-event.
- Always have a back-up plan (paper sign-in sheet) just in case!