Weddings and Special Events

You are here


Most campus spaces are considered multi-use space and, therefore, scheduled in a manner consistent with the University’s mission, educational priorities, and without placing undue hardship on necessary support staff, students, and resources.

  • Reserving space. Only persons with direct relations to the University may reserve Student Center Facility space:  Faculty, staff, students, alumni and their children.  Reservations can be made by contacting our office at (610) 758-4163.
  • Available dates.  Events may be scheduled during the month of June, the first two weeks of July, and occasional dates during winter break.  Events may not conflict with University scheduled events or disrupt daily business.  
  • Indoor spaces.  The Clayton University Center Asa Packer Room and Faculty Lounge will be the primary location for wedding receptions and will require the scheduling of all third floor spaces to avoid any conflicts. 
  • Outdoor spaces.  There are several outdoor spaces on campus  that may be reserved for outdoor receptions:  Frantz Plaza, UC Lawn, and Memorial Walkway.  An alternative indoor location must be held in the event of inclement weather.  A Lehigh University Outdoor Activity Application form must be completed and filed with the City of Bethlehem.  If your event requires the use of a tent covering the area exceeding 900 square feet and/or having an occupant load of more than 50, you must first register with the City of Bethlehem. For information please contact the Building and Housing Inspections Office at (610) 865-7081, located in City Hall.  You will be required to submit a Certificate of Flammability to the City of Bethlehem and Student Center Facilities.

All contractors/vendors engaged to erect tents covering an area exceeding 900 square feet and/or having an occupant load of more than 50, shall provide Lehigh University with a standard ACORD Certificate of Insurance evidencing Commercial General Liability at the minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence/$1,000,000 aggregate. Lehigh University shall be named as an Additional Insured on all liability insurance policies.”

  • Catering.   Lehigh Dining (  is the exclusive provider for food in our spaces. All arrangements must be made directly with the Catering Office at 610-758-4512.  Flower delivery will also need to be arranged through their office. 
  • Insurance.  Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance from your insurance agent evidencing the following:
    • Standard ACORD certificate of Insurance evidencing Liability Insurance, (including Host Liquor Liability Insurance whenever alcohol is served at the event), at the minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence.  Lehigh University shall be named as an “Additional Insured” on all such insurance policies. 
    • If you are unable to provide insurance through your homeowners’ policy, we may assist you with purchasing a TULIP policy through our Risk Management Office.  Please contact our office to determine rates and to complete an application. 
    • Evidence of Insurance must be received by the Student Center Facilities office 30 days prior to your event. Failure to produce this insurance will negate the service of alcohol at your event.
  • Serving Alcohol.  Alcohol service is limited to one of the following options:You will need to purchase the beer/liquor/wine for your event.  Lehigh University’s Dining Services Office will provide you with recommendations for the amount of alcohol you will need, along with recommendations for preferred vendors who will assist you with the purchase and delivery of the alcohol. 
  •          For events lasting three (3) hours, alcohol may be served for two (2) continuous hours.
  •          For events lasting four (4) hours, alcohol may be served for three (3) continuous hours. 
  •          For events lasting five (5) hours, alcohol may be served for four (4) continuous hours.

       **Please note alcohol beverage service must end one (1) hour prior to the scheduled end of your event**

  • External vendors.  If you will be utilizing external vendors at your event, (DJ, Photographer, etc.) please see the following link for insurance indemnification that is required for all external vendors:  Certificate of Insurance information
  • Contracts.  Once a wedding reception space has been confirmed a letter will be sent with details and contract information.  It is the responsibility of the reserving party to review all of the information, provide the necessary proof of insurance, sign and return all contracts and forms. 
  • Deposit and payment.  Information regarding deposit information and payment will be included in the contract.  After the initial deposit has been made the remaining estimated invoice will be prepared at least 7 business days in advance. The remaining balance must be paid 5 business days prior to event.  Any additional charges incurred after this payment is made will be invoiced through the university Bursar’s Office following the event.  Only payments of cash or check payable to Lehigh University will be accepted.  A late fee of 1.5% or $5.00 per month, whichever is greater will be assessed on all balances that are past due more than 30 days. 
  • Intervening Events; Changed Circumstances.  The University shall not be liable in the event that Licensee is prevented, interrupted or delayed in its use of the Facility due to acts of God, storm, fire, flood, earthquake, roof-collapse, labor disturbances or strikes, war, terrorism, civil commotion, governmental order, rules or regulations, disruption of electrical or other utility service, lack of usual means of transportation, or any other cause or contingency beyond the control of the University. Licensee has informed the University of the nature of the Event and its intended use of the Facility, and any change with respect thereto shall be subject to the prior written approval of the University. If Licensee changes the Event or its proposed use the Facility without University approval, the University may cancel this Agreement and forbid the use of the Facility by Licensee if such change would, in the judgment of the University, be dangerous, tend to cause damage to the University, its image or reputation, or conflict with University policy. If the University determines that additional security is necessary in connection with the Event and Licensee refuses to pay for such additional security, the University may cancel this Agreement. If the University cancels this Agreement pursuant to this paragraph, all payments made or due to the University hereunder shall be refunded or abated, less costs or expenses incurred by the University due to such cancellation.