You are here
Disability Housing Accommodations
Procedures for Requesting Disability Housing Accommodations
Disability Support Services works closely with Residence Life & Residential Services to respond to the individual needs of students with disabilities. Housing options for Lehigh students include rooms in traditional corridor-style, suites, and apartment style residence halls.
1. All students must submit a completed Housing Application during their designated selection process.
2. Students must also submit the Disability Housing Accommodation Request Form: http://www.lehigh.edu/go/disabilityhousing
3. Students must submit disability documentation that follows the Disability Documentation Guidelines: https://studentaffairs.lehigh.edu/content/documentation-guidelines-0 Documentation must be recent; updated and/or additional documentation may be required on a case by case basis. It is important that the documentation establish a direct connection between the disability and the requested housing accommodation(s). Students requiring Service Animals should refer to the Animal Service Policy.
4. Students must schedule a consultation with Disability Support Services prior to the Disability Housing Accommodation Request deadline to discuss their housing accommodation requests. Please contact Disability Support Services at 610-758-4152 to schedule a consultation.
5. Requests for disability housing accommodations must be submitted by the same deadline as the housing application. Students currently in housing who wish to apply for the current academic year must submit requests immediately. Once your housing accommodation is determined, your room change will occur as soon as a space becomes available.
Students currently in housing who wish to apply for the following academic year must submit requests according to the housing process specific to you.
Incoming First Year Students: May 31st for Fall and December 1st for Spring
Rising 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Year Undergraduates:
Requests must be received and processed by the end of the housing process for the semester to which you are applying for housing. For more information please go to:
Requests for accommodations after the deadlines will be reviewed in a timely manner. Once your housing accommodation is determined, your room change will occur as soon as a space becomes available.