You are here
Registering for Services
Once you are admitted to Lehigh University, we recommend that you contact the Office of Academic Support Services for Students with Disabilities. Communicating with a member of our staff is a great way to get a jump start on academic success.
To receive support services you must be an admitted student and take the following steps:
- Register for services by completing the Student Self-Identification Form.
- Submit a copy of your current disability documentation from your doctor or diagnostician by Fax or Email (see contact Information) or by US Mail to: Disability Support Services, Williams Hall, Suite 301, 31 Willilams Drive, Bethlehem PA 18015-3126. Please review the Guidelines for Documentation and contact our office if you have any questions.
- Once your documentation has been received, it will be reviewed by the Documentation Review Committee to determine the most appropriate support services.
- A member of our staff will contact you to let you know that we have reviewed your documentation and will communicate with you about the next step in securing support services.
- Before classes begin, schedule an appointment by calling the office at (610) 758-4152 or by emailing the appropriate contact person.
- If you have a learning disability, attention deficit disorder, or other cognitive disorder, you will be invited to attend our new student orientation session on Learning Differences during Orientation. This will give you an opportunity to meet us and our Peer Mentors. Following the Orientation session, you will meet with the learning specialist who will schedule an individual appointment with you.
- After scheduling an appointment, a staff member will speak with you about what accommodations you are eligible to receive based upon your disability related functional limitations and your academic plan. The staff member will also suggest support services that you might find beneficial. You will be asked to share information about how your disability affects your ability to access the classroom, class materials and campus services and to describe the accommodations and services you have used in the past.
- Depending on your level of support services, you will be asked to sign a Service Agreement and Academic Accommodation form. The academic accommodations form must be completed each and every semester after you have register for your classes.