Health & Wellness Center
Message from the Director
Welcome to the Lehigh University Health and Wellness Center, which provides acute and ongoing care to approximately 4,800 undergraduate students and over 2,000 graduate students. Our dedicated, professional staff offers a host of services, including acute care, routine examinations, immunizations, lab services, gynecological examinations and contraceptive counseling.
We also have a wellness resource area with over-the-counter medications, and a relaxation room with massage chairs. No appointment is necessary for these services
Our goals are to help individuals stay healthy in pursuit of academic success, and to foster the public health of the campus community.
Susan C. Kitei, MD
Director, Student Health Services
For EBOLA/Flu Update see Health Center News
The Health and Wellness staff strongly advises members of the university community to avoid travel to high risk countries per this link:
Health Center Hours
- Monday - Thursday 8:15 AM - 4:30 PM
- Friday - 9:15 AM - 4:30 PM
- Saturday 10:00 AM - 1:45 PM
- Saturday clinic is for urgent concerns only. No vaccinations, allergy shots, non-urgent concerns or prescription writing is available.
- Sunday CLOSED
Winter, spring and pacing breaks
- Weekdays 9:00 AM - 3:45 PM, Closed 12:30 - 1:00 for lunch
- Saturday - Sunday CLOSED
- Monday, Tuesday, Friday - 9:00 AM - 3:45 PM
- Wednesday, Thursday - 11:30 - 3:45 PM
- Saturday - Sunday CLOSED
Closed 12:30 - 1:00 for lunch
It's never been easier to make an appointment!
· Make it online (at least one hour and up to two weeks in advance) by clicking on the patient portal (OSH) and following the simple instructions. This link is active 24/7/365.
· Call 610-758-3875 during office hours to speak with a triage nurse Monday through Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm. She can advise you and schedule an appropriate appointment.
NOTE: Students who miss an appointment without notifying our office at least 30 minutes in advance with be charged $5 (to their bursar account) each missed appointment.
Clinician on-call for urgent matters (non-emergency)
How to contact on-call clinician:
- Call Campus Police at 610-758-4200
- Tell the dispatcher you'd like a call from the on-call Health and Wellness Center clinician.
- Give your full name and telephone number
- A nurse, nurse practitioner, or physician from our office will call you back
Lehigh University students who feel they cannot wait until the Health Center is open, may utilize the local Emergency Departments:
St Luke's University Hospital (the closest hospital to campus)
800 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, Pa 18015
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg
Route 22 and Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, PA 18017
or go to one of the following Urgent Care Centers:
- Saucon Valley Medical Center, phone 610-625-9090, 4801 Saucon Creek Rd, Center Valley
- Airport Road Emergicenter, phone 610-264-5844, 1791 Airport Rd, Allentown
- St. Luke’s North, phone 484-526-3000, 153 Broadhead Rd, Bethlehem
- Care on Demand, phone 877-247-8080, 2310 Highland Avenue, Bethlehem
- Patient First, (484) 403-7560, 2310 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, PA 18017