Message From the Director
Community voice is essential if we are to build bridges, make positive social change, and solve problems. Any initiative should make sure that the voice and the needs of the community are included and in the forefront.
This is the mantra of the energetic, passionate staff and dedicated volunteers that make the Community Service Office.
For many years, I have had the honor of working in the CSO, inspired on a daily basis by the selfless efforts of our amazing student staff and volunteers. Even more touching and uplifting are the agencies and people we serve, whose struggles in turn humble and move us into action.
I wish I could tell each and every one’s story. The Community Service Office and its programs touch the lives of countless people in South Bethlehem and beyond. Take some time to explore our website, read our newsletters and annual reports, and just imagine the stories.
Please take a few minutes to be inspired by the difference being made. Then consider how much more there is to do and your role in getting it done. The community voice is speaking to all of us loud and clear – now join us in action.
Yours in Service,
Carolina A. Hernandez
Director of Community Service
News and Announcements
Blood Drive - Wednesday, November 12th: Sign up here
SERVE Trips - click here
Applications due November 14th, 2014 by 5:00pm
See all that is happening by going to our Events_Calendar!
- CSO gains campus support for Hunger and Homelessness Week (10/21/11)
- Student Volunteers Host Fun, Games for Local Children (10/18/11)
- Lehigh Students Volunteer in Washington, DC (10/13/11)
- Students Give Back with Blood Drive (9/22/11)
- South Side Sale Bigger and Better (6/15/11)
- Great South Side Sale Benefits Community (6/8/11)
- Lehigh Students in Antigua & Barbuda for SERVE (5/13/11)
- Students Life Awards Honor Contributions of Students (5/5/11)
- Students Set Record for Blood Donations (4/20/11)
- Expo Links Students and Community (9/2/10)
- 14th Annual Great Southside Sale (6/5/10)
- Wonderful World of Sports (4/11/10)
- A hunger for service (11/2/09)