- In every residence hall Gryphons are on duty weeknights and weekends for your safety and well-being. While on duty Gryphons also build community with members of his or her residence hall.
- In the case of a problem, concern, or emergency, please contact your Gryphon or the Gryphon on duty.
- Gryphons can assist you with roommate conflicts, lockouts, emergencies, illness and other issues. Gryphons are also can assist students in finding appropriate resources to help in other situations.
On this page you can find information about:
- Gryphons are on duty:
- Monday – Friday 8pm – 8am
- Saturday and Sunday 24 hours
- A residence life staff member (either a Gryphon or Assistant Director) can be reached at all times by calling any Gryphon duty phone.
- Check the Gryphon Duty Board on any Gryphon room door to see who is on duty for the night.
Brodhead - 484-515-4459 Centennial I (Upper Cents) - 484-515-4317 Centennial II (Lower Cents) - 484-515-4300 Dravo - 484-515-5174 Drinker - 484-515-4826 Farrington Square - 484-515-4346 McClintic Marshall (M&M) - 484-515-4818 Richards - 484-515-4946 Sayre Park - 484-515-5269 Taylor - 484-515-4466 Trembley Park - 484-515-4771 Umoja House & House 104 - 610-438-7727 Warren Square - 484-515-4720
Residents are responsible for their own keys and for their access to their room. However, there are times when our residents may become locked out of their room or apartment within the residence hall. Listed below are the steps that a student should follow when they become locked out of their room or apartment:
- Find your roommate(s) so that they can let you in.
- Locate a residence life staff member (Gryphon) in your building.
- During business hours (8:00 am - 6:00 pm) go to the IDEAL Office. The IDEAL Office can be located at 42 University Drive, which is up the hill from Price Hall, immediately below Richards Residence Hall and immediately across Taylor Street from the Hawk’s Nest. Upon presenting and ID, you will be given a temporary key to your room. You will have one working day's grace period to return the temporary key.
- Between the hours of 6:00 pm and 8:00 am Monday-Friday and weekends, call the Gryphon on duty cell phone for your building/area. Gryphon on duty cell phone numbers are posted on the staff office doors. If you do not know the Gryphon on duty cell phone number for your building/area, ask your Gryphon or Assistant Director.
* Access Control provides lockout services for FREE. If you need to have a Gryphon assist in lockout services there is a fee: 1st lockout: FREE; 2nd lockout: $25.00; 3 or more lockouts: $50.00 and referral to Office of Student Conduct. Charges are cumulative and will appear on the student's bursar bill.
For personal safety and property protection, students are strongly urged to keep their doors locked whenever they are absent from their room.