What does peak performance mean?
- Workshops that provide psycho-education and discussion on topics relevant to all students at Lehigh University
- It means being able to perform at an optimal level mentally and emotionally!
- Performing at this level increases your ability to perform in everyday life!
- Enhancing your skills through our workshops may help you to perform better in school, athletics, social settings, and recreational activities!
How will these workshops "enhance" my skills?
- Group facilitators will not only give strategies and tips on how to improve performance but participants will have an opportunity to practice as well.
- Have trouble relaxing or concentrating? During these workshops we will practice just that!
- Feeling stressed about life? Feeling tired all the time? We can provide you with ideas and more tools to use to reduce stress and increase energy.
What do I need to do before I go to a workshop?
- Find and go to the first floor of Johnson Hall across from Parking Services.
- Forget about bringing money because...Workshops are free!
- Realize going can be spur of the moment because...NO prior sign up is necessary
- Either go alone or go with a friend!
What can I expect at a workshop?
- You can expect that all sessions will be about an hour long.
- Group facilitator(s) will provide psycho-education on particular topics as well as facilitate discussion among participants.
- The last 15-20 minutes of the workshop will include a guided imagery relaxation exercise to leave you rejuvenated and refreshed to go on with the rest of your day!
What is guided imagery?
- This is when a facilitator uses descriptive language to assist participants in using mental imagery to relax and distress.
- These imagery exercises usually last about 15-20 minutes.
- Doing this allows participant to take a short time out of their day from the stress of everyday life.
For more information contact Dr. Aaron Sterba at firstname.lastname@example.org