- In every residence hall Gryphons are on-duty weeknights and weekends for your safety and well-being. While on-duty Gryphons also build community with members of their residence hall.
- In the case of a problem, concern, or emergency, please contact your Gryphon or the Gryphon on-duty.
- Gryphons can assist you with roommate conflicts, lockouts, emergencies, illness and other issues. Gryphons also can assist students in finding appropriate resources to help in other situations.
- Gryphons are on-duty from Monday – Friday 8pm – 8am and Saturday and Sunday 24 hours
- A residence life staff member (either a Gryphon or Assistant Director) can be reached at all times by calling any Gryphon duty phone.
- Check the Gryphon Duty Board on any Gryphon room door to see who is on-duty for the night.
Gryphon Duty Phone Numbers by Residence Hall:
- Brodhead: 484-515-4459
- Centennial I (Upper Cents): 484-515-4317
- Centennial II (Lower Cents): 484-515-4300
- Dravo: 484-515-5174
- Drinker: 484-515-4826
- Farrington Square: 484-515-4346
- McClintic Marsall (M&M): 484-515-4818
- Richards: 484-515-4946
- Sayre: 484-515-5269
- Taylor & UMOJA: 484-515-4466
- Trembley Park: 484-515-4771
- Houses 85, 87, 89, 93: 610-438-7727
- Warren Square: 484-515-4720
If a student is locked out of their room, these procedures should be followed:
1. Find a roommate so that they can let you in to retrieve your key.
2. Locate a Gryphon in your building.
3. During business hours (8 am- 5 pm) go to the IDEAL Office. Upon presenting your ID, you will be given a temporary key to your room. You will have a one business day grace period to return the temporary key.
4. Between the hours of 5 pm- 8 pm call the University Police at 610-758-4200 for assistance.
5. Between the hours of 8 pm and 8 am Monday-Friday and all weekend long, call the Gryphon on-duty cell phone for your building/area.
The student will not receive a charge for the first lockout. Continued lockouts throughout the academic year will result in charges and a referral to the conduct process.