- In case of a problem, concern, or emergency, you can contact your Gryphon On-Duty for guidance and support. The Gryphon On-Duty can provide assistance if you have concern about a friend, are locked out, aren't feeling well, have a facilities emergency in your room, etc. The Gryphon On-Duty can also assist you in finding appropriate resources if you aren't sure how to best address a concern.
- Gryphons are on-duty Monday- Friday 8:00pm - 8:00am, and 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday.
- There is an Assistant Director who is on-duty at all times as well, and a Residence Life staff member (either the Gryphon or Assistant Director On-Duty) can be reached by calling your Gryphon duty phone number.
- You can check the Gryphon Duty Board on any Gryphon's room door to see who the Gryphon On-Duty is that day.
Gryphon On-Duty Phone Numbers
- Brodhead: 484-515-4459
- Centennial I (Upper Cents): 484-515-4317
- Centennial II (Lower Cents): 484-515-4300
- Dravo: 484-515-5174
- Drinker: 484-515-4826
- Farrington Square: 484-515-4459
- Houses 85, 87, 88, 89, & UMOJA: 610-438-7727
- McClintic Marsall (M&M): 484-515-4818
- Richards: 484-515-4946
- Sayre Park and Houses 93 & 96: 484-515-5269
- Taylor: 484-515-4466
- Warren Square: 484-515-4720
If you are locked out of you room, please follow the following procedures:
1. Find a suitemate so that they can let you in to retrieve your key.
2. Locate a Gryphon in your building.
3. During business hours (8 am- 5 pm) go to the IDEAL Office. Upon presenting your ID, you will be given a temporary key to your room. You will have one business day to return the temporary key.
4. Between the hours of 5 pm- 8 pm call the Lehigh University Police at 610-758-4200 for assistance.
5. Between the hours of 8 pm and 8 am Monday-Friday and on weekends, call the Gryphon On-Duty.
Note: You will not receive a charge for your first lockout. Continued lockouts throughout the academic year will result in subsequent charges and a referral to the conduct process.