The Live.Learn.Serve. Themed Housing Community connects participants with the South Bethlehem and Lehigh University communities through meaningful action to cultivate a life-long passion for active citizenship. Students in Live.Learn.Serve. will engage in community service in the Lehigh Valley and participate in activities surrounding community service.
Meet the Team!
Faculty Fellow: Sarah Gelfand (Assistant Director, Community Service)
Community Coordinator: Helen Abebe
Gryphons: Alea Oakman and Karim Rajmohamed
Assistant Director: Monica Carson
What Makes this Community Unique?
2018-2019 Location: Cents II
- Cooking dinner at a local homeless shelter
- Volunteering at a local elementary school
- Dinners with community partners and professionals
- Working with a food pantry
- Participating in a simulation about relative poverty