Students will dive in and actively participate in connecting and applying high-impact experiences in the 5 Foundations for Student Success in relation to their goals. In the spring semester, students will join a cohort of peers, create their bLUeprint project and present it. By completing this, they will receive funding for an educational program or professional development opportunity. This is a great opportunity to dive into your learning and think about how you want to make an impact.
What is the Sophomore pLUnge?
The experience must include:
- Actively participating and applying information (going beyond passive participation in a workshop)
- Further exploring a concept or office resource utilized in your first-year experience (on or off campus)
- Learning is applicable to one of the five foundations for student success
Students will be encouraged to take advantage of various resources on campus by utilizing the services they may have learned about in their first-year. Students will then submit individual reflections for each program they complete. Programs should be completed in each of the 5 Foundations for Student Success in order to be eligible to be invited to participate in the spring showcase and receive professional development funding.
Students invited to participate in the spring cohort will check-in with an appropriate staff mentor on their bLUeprint project and will share their experiences with both students and staff at the end of the year at a showcase.
Students will create their bLUeprint project applying what they learned in the fall to what impact they want to make on themselves and in their community.
- You might want to go to law school (an impact on yourself), so your bLUeprint might outline your steps to get there - LSAT prep, law school visits, interview skills, etc.
- You might want to create a themed community on campus (an impact on your community, so your bLUeprint might outline your steps to get there - meeting with Residence Life staff, filling out an application, building support from peers, etc.
*Completion of your bLUeprint project and presentation will result in funding toward your proposed project*
Students, faculty and staff participating in the program will meet collectively to share their bLUeprint project proposals. Students will receive feedback from other participants and celebrate the completion of their second year at Lehigh.