Student Center Facilities and SCF Operations
This Graduate Assistant will work as a member of the Dean of Students staff committing 20 hours per week and will receive an allotted monthly stipend and 18 credit hours per year (maximum nine per fall and spring semester). The Graduate Assistant will report directly to the Director of Student Center Facilities (SCF) and will be responsible for handling the designated responsibilities outlined below.
- Be enrolled in a degree program at Lehigh University
- Have co-curricular experience as a student leader
- Work well independently and show a high level of initiative
- Work effectively with undergraduate students
- Possess computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn additional department specific software as required (i.e., WhenToWork, RepoApp, Canva, LINC, etc).
- Be well organized
- Previous customer service and work experience necessary
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Previous experience with audio visual equipment is preferred
- Must be able to handle a flexible work schedule that may include day, some evenings, and select once or twice a month weekend (evening) hours
- Responsible for the inputting and updating all staff information, posting notifications, and sending and monitoring various types of communication methods for staff.
- Develop and revise all necessary materials for the staff operations.
- Maintain information in our group section of the LINC. Utilize The LINC or Campus Labs for staff surveys and provide staff all necessary reading materials; implement training using Campus Labs (Student Voice) for surveys, online tools, and quizzes
- Create and upkeep assessment data; create programs and training utilizing a variety of different methods
- Generate information and data for mid and end of the year reports.
- Oversee the Digital Information Boards (DIBS) content data. Learn CoolSign's software system and maintain form email account in order to upload and schedule content play for the University Center and Lamberton Hall digital (advertising) signage.
- Scheduling: Schedule student Building Managers and Supervisors through WhenToWork software. Create and upkeep schedules, and arrange and facilitate a weekly Manager Meeting. Work directly with student Manager’s to create twice weekly staff meetings, staff retreats, trainings, and End of Year Team Projects.
- Hiring: Assist with the interviewing and hiring of students to fill open Building Supervisor positions. Handle the internal application and interview presentations to fill open Building Manager positions
- Training: Assist with the training of all new student staff. Facilitate one-on-one and small group training of student staff based on observation and assessment information.
- Staff Retreats: Assist with the program development and implementation of the Student Staff Retreat for the fall and spring. Incorporate Student LIfe Curriculum bLUeprint learning established by our department.
- Student Staff Payroll: Oversee all student staff payroll information, create reports, and submit bi-monthly log reports to the Reservations Coordinator. Develop and maintain a spreadsheet record for each student’s hours/wages for all pay periods; maintain account balance records on Excel spreadsheet; provide the Director with datasheets of individual work study student balances and department account payroll account balances.
- Weekly Staff Meetings: Assist Building Managers with and/or develop program and material items for two weekly staff meetings for student staff. Weekly staff meeting will be planned in advance and will incorporate at least one of the five bLUeprint Student Life Curriculum for student success, prepare lesson plans and learning outcomes, and create an Assessment Plan for student staff. Review and make necessary changes to operations and procedures manual. Maintain records of each meeting for assessment purposes.
- Assessment and Evaluations: Periodically create surveys and administer November/December Staff bLUeprint assessment survey coinciding with job knowledge, activities, and training through Baseline/Campus Labs. Compile data and upkeep assessment records. Assist in the evaluation process of each Building Supervisor in March of the Spring Semester. Create individual summaries from the completed evaluations for staff review and Director's one on one meeting with each student staff member.
- Facilities Upkeep: Handle monthly building maintenance walk through for University Center. Record and update information on Google SCF document and monitor problem areas.
- Assisting: Assist the Student Center Facilities Director and SCF Reservations staff as needed. Assist and monitor the day-to-day operations of the UC Information Desk.
- Regulations: Be familiar with the University's policies, regulations and procedures.
- Late-Night Programming: Assist with late-night programming at Lamberton Hall as needed. This includes programs planned and executed by the Office of Student Engagement and those that are planned by other Lehigh groups, clubs or organizations.