Basic Job Description:
This position is vital to the entire function of our Student Center Facilities and is an excellent position to gain leadership and teamwork experience, as well as, enhance your resume.
- A Building Supervisor handles the day to day operations at the Information Desk
- Coordinates audio visual set-up and take-down of equipment in meeting rooms (if requested)
- Mail/Package Delivery
- Issues student organization keys
- Provides security for the building
- Secures the UC building at lock up
- Assists with office related duties i.e. answering phones, giving directions, providing information, running errands on campus
- Oversees the Lost and Found
- Other duties as assigned
Paid training is provided and lasts approximately three weeks. During training each trainee must attend a variety of training sessions which will expose the trainee to a variety of duties and shifts related to the position. The training will include day, evening, and weekend hours. After training concludes each Building Supervisor will be able to arrange a set weekly schedule and will be placed in rotation for Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday hours that will amount to approximately 8-10 shifts per semester. Staff must attend one of our two weekly scheduled staff meetings.
- This is a Work Study opportunity
- Must be able to work independently, willing to take initiative, be dependable, and responsible. This position requires excellent speaking and customer service skills.
The pay rate begins at $9.00 per hour.
Stop by the Information Desk (1st floor) University Center 29 Trembley Drive if you have questions about the position. You can also complete an application on-line using the link listed below:
Building Supervisor Job Application Work Study Position