***Accepting applications May 15, 2018 thru August 28, 2018
Basic Job Description:
This position is vital to the entire function of our Student Center Facilities and is an excellent position to gain leadership and teamwork experience, as well as, enhance your resume.
- A Building Supervisor handles the day to day operations at Lamberton Hall.
- Performs audio visual set-up and take-down of equipment in meeting rooms as well as furniture set-up(s) for various events held in the building.
- Ensures sound system levels are appropriate for event participants.
- Enforce policy and procedures.
- Provides customer service and technology support for events.
- Works closely with event personnel (event coordinators, LUPD, Catering and ABM).
- Performs other building duties as assigned.
- Executes emergency action plan.
- Maintains equipment and furniture inventory.
- Reports any building maintenance issues to appropriate personnel.
- Provides security for the building.
- Secures the building at lock up.
- Assists with office related duties i.e. answering phones, giving directions, providing information, running errands on campus.
Paid training is provided and lasts approximately three weeks. During training each trainee must attend a variety of training sessions which will expose the trainee to a variety of duties and shifts related to the position. The training will include day, evening, and weekend hours. After training concludes each Building Supervisor will be able to arrange a set weekly schedule and may be placed in rotation for Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday hours that will amount to approximately 8-10 shifts per semester. Staff must attend one of our two weekly scheduled staff meetings.
- This is a Work Study opportunity
- Must be able to work independently, willing to take initiative, be dependable, and responsible. This position requires excellent speaking and customer service skills.
The pay rate begins at $9.00 per hour.
Stop by the Information Desk (1st floor) University Center 29 Trembley Drive if you have questions about the position. You can also complete an application on-line using the link listed below: