Outdoor Events

You are here


Considerable planning must be conducted prior to organizing outdoor events to ensure compliance with codes.  Blocking fire lanes is prohibited.  If you have any questions regarding codes please contact Environmental Health and Safety 610-758-4251.

  • Reservation requests for outdoor space on lower Asa Campus can be placed in Reservations system (25Live):   Reserve event space

Asa Packer Campus Outside Event Information


All requesters must fill out an Lehigh University Outdoor Activity Notification form.  This form must be filled out and scanned to inucr@lehigh.edu or dropped off at the Information Desk at Christmas Saucon Building 14 E. Packer Ave. (Mon-Friday between 8am-4pm).  Form must be submitted two weeks prior to the event. 

A Request to Serve Alcohol Form must be filled out if alcohol is being planned for the event. Return the completed form to the UC Reservation Desk at least two weeks prior to the event.

If your event requires the use of a tent covering the area exceeding 900 square feet and/or having an occupant load of more than 50, you must first register with the city of Bethlehem. For information please contact the Building and Housing Inspections Office at (610) 865-7091, located in City Hall. You will be required to submit a Certificate of Flammability to the City of Bethlehem and also to the U.C. Reservations Desk (first floor - East entrance of the University Center).

"All contractors/vendors engaged to erect tents covering an area exceeding 900 square feet and/or having an occupant load of more than 50, shall provide Lehigh University with a standard ACORD Certificate of Insurance evidencing Commercial General Liability at the minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence/$1,000,000 aggregate. Lehigh University shall be named as an Additional Insured on all liability insurance policies."

If tents will be used at the event, please include that information in the comment box in your reservation request.

The sponsoring party is responsible for all clean up! Contact Brickman Services for trash containers at (610) 758-3657. Failure to clean up the area will result in the sponsoring organization paying for any associated charges!

The sponsoring organization is responsible for issuing all written work orders, through Facilities Services, for any special needs, such as: tables, chairs, barricades, staging, electrical requirements, etc. Send written requests to Facilities Services, 461 Webster Street or by filling out the work order form.  https://facilities.lehigh.edu/operations-maintenance/work-order-central]

You may contact the Dining Services Office:  www.lehighdining.com  at (610) 758-4512 or incater@lehigh.edu to arrange food for your event.


The University Center Reservation Staff is not responsible for non-compliance by the Sponsoring Organization or the attendees. Any additional charges incurred by the sponsoring party will be charged directly against the sponsoring organization's account

  • For other outdoor space contact:
    • Residence Hall spaces -  inlife@lehigh.edu 
    • Fraternity or Sorority Affairs– phone: 610-758-4157
    • Athletic spaces – Greg Schultz or Allen Biddinger (610-758- 3397)
    • Mountaintop Campus - Contact Conference Services: 610-758-5306  or  inocs@lehigh.edu