Graduate Assistant for Student Engagement and The SOuRCe
This Graduate Assistant will work as a member of the Dean of Students staff committing 20 hours per week and will receive an allotted monthly stipend and 18 credit hours per year. The Graduate Assistant will report directly to the Assistant Director of Student Engagement
- Must be enrolled in a degree program at Lehigh University
- Have co-curricular experience as a student leader
- Work well independently and show a high level of initiative
- Ability to work effectively with undergraduate students
- Possess computer skills in Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Photoshop; Canva; Google Site Applications; working knowledge of LINC; Confluence and the ability to learn additional department specific software as required
- Must be well organized
- Previous customer service experience helpful
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Must be able to handle a flexible work schedule to handle a variety of hours that will include day, some evenings, and select once or twice a month weekend program evening hours
Computer skills and Programs
- Graphic Design: Work with Photoshop, Canva or other graphic design programs to create posters and info graphics for the department
- Confluence: Work with the departmental file and document storage systems to maintain workflow processes, guidelines, and procedures
- WhenToWork: Create “The Source” – (resource room) student staff schedules.
- Workshop Wednesdays: Assist with the planning, preparation, and communication of workshops available to recognized clubs and organizations
- Staff team projects: Oversee student staff teams ie. Marketing, Programming, Communication
- Hiring: Assist with the interviewing and hiring of students to fill open student staff positions.
- Staff Retreats: Assist with the program development and implementation of the Student Staff Retreat for the fall and spring. Incorporate Student Life Curriculum bLUeprint learning established by our department.
- Scheduling: Coordinate student staff schedules for “The SOuRCe” (Student Organization Resource Center).
- Student Staff Training: Assist with the training of student staff, provide input and support for staff meetings. Incorporate the five Foundations bLUeprint Student Life Curriculum, prepare Lesson Plans and Learning Outcomes, and create an Assessment Plan for Student Staff. Review and make necessary changes to operations and procedures manuals.
- Staff Meetings: Meet with Assistant Director for Student Engagement and develop criteria based on the needs of the group.
- Evaluations: Assist in the evaluation process of each student staff member during the Spring Semester. Create Evaluation surveys on Google Forms or LINC for student staff to complete and maintain assessment records. Create individual summaries from completed evaluations for staff review.
- Event Planning Workshops: Work closely with Assistant Director of Student Engagement to present customized Workshops throughout the year.
- In mid-September meet with Bill Hunter and develop an Event Planning Workshop for Global Union Organization at least two weeks prior to the individual organizers meeting with the Campus Event Advisory Committee.
- Set up workshops with Graduate Student Life/Senate, RHA, Gryphons, IFC, Panhellenic, Multicultural Greek Alliance, Council of Student Presidents, and Leadership Lehigh Phase 2. Work with LTS consultant to develop a request form for groups to submit a request for an Event Planning Workshop.
- Develop an online Event Planning Training tool through Captivate
- Student Engagement Programming: Assist with programming initiatives tasked to the Office of Student Engagement. This includes, but is not limited to: Club Expo, Great Pocono Escape, Outdoor Adventure Program, and other programs.
- The SOuRCe: Assist and monitor the day-to-day operations of The SOuRCe.
- Regulations: Be familiar with the university’s regulations, policies, and procedures
- Late-Night Programming: Assist with late-night programming in Lamberton. This includes programs planned and executed by the Office of Student Engagement and those that are planned by other Lehigh groups, clubs, offices or organizations.
- Student Engagement Resource: Serve as a resource for student groups or organizations planning events on campus.