Peer Academic Coaches assist students in becoming independent, self-confident learners. Through on-going conversations focused on time management, goal setting, note taking, textbook reading, accountability, email management, organization, semester planning, study strategies, and resource utilization, Peer Academic Coaches will help students reach their definition of academic success by providing structure, study skills building, and short-term accountability. Students can choose to meet with their Peer Academic Coach once a week, every other week, or once a month. Appointments are 30 minutes in length.
Directions for making a Peer Academic Coach appointment
1. Copy this link to your web browser: https://app.retain.io/users/sign in
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Click Here” located next to "Campus Login?"
3. Type "lehigh" (case sensitive) where the box says "Enter School ID"
4. Click "go" (do not hit enter)
5. Enter your Lehigh credentials (user ID and password)
6. You will be brought to your Retain Dashboard
7. Click the hyperlink on the word “here” to schedule a one-on-one peer academic coaching appointment
8. Read the coaches’ bios and check out their availability
9. Click “Book Appointment” in the top right
10. Click on “Reason for Appointment” and select an option from the drop-down menu
11. Choose the date of your appointment
12. Select a coach who is available
13. Select the time you would like to meet
14. Select if you would like to meet in person in Williams Hall 451 or on Zoom
15. Click “Submit”
16. You can view your appointments on your Dashboard. If your appointment is on Zoom, you can access the link from the Dashboard as well
Peer Academic Coaches can assist with skills that help students be successful in the classroom. For example, a Peer Academic Coach can help you create a semester calendar or study plan for upcoming exams, provide accountability, and discuss strategies for academic success. Sessions are most effective when you come prepared with questions and topics to discuss.
A Peer Academic Coach can NOT provide academic advising, counseling services, or coaching in place of the services provided by Disability Support Services.
Any Lehigh undergraduate student who is seeking to enhance their academic performance is encouraged to make an appointment with a Peer Academic Coach.
Peer Academic Coaching sessions begin the fourth week of class (the week of September 12th).
No, meeting with a Peer Academic Coach cannot guarantee that you receive any grade.
Students are expected to attend each session they schedule. We understand that things will come up and request at least 24 hours advance notice of cancellation. Two appointments that are missed with less than 24 hours notice will result in the termination of the coaching relationship.
Peer Academic Coaches are NOT confidential resources. Peer Academic Coaches are considered mandated reporters. If they become aware of certain behavior, such as incidents of gender violence, bias, discrimination, harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, stalking or intimate partner abuse, they are required to report that information to the University Police, an Advocate, or another University official. They will keep the information private, reporting the information only to the people that need to know. These individuals will follow up with you, offering support, resources, options and other information. If you do not want information reported to a University official, please contact the confidential resources available to you: Counseling & Psychological Services (610-758-3880) or the Chaplain's Office (610-758-3877).
Peer Academic Coaching appointments are in high demand. We encourage you to sign up for a coaching appointment and you will be added to the waitlist. In the meantime, please utilize our additional services such as an individual learning and study skills session, tutoring, or ACES.