The aim of the Residential Studying & Tutoring program (RST) is to help promote effective study habits and to bring academic support for some of the University's most challenging and demanding courses into the residence halls. The RST program, developed jointly by the Center for Academic Success and the Office of Residence Life in 2012, was designed to provide students with the opportunity to connect with other residents, study with peers, and seek the help of a knowledgeable tutor. The Residential Tutoring schedule will be posted by Monday, January 29th.
Residential tutoring is available on a walk-in basis. No appointment is necessary, and students are welcome to walk in at any time to work with a tutor according to the schedule below.
Tutoring will begin on Monday, February 5th and end on Friday, May 3rd.
Tutoring is offered in CHM 030, CHM 031, MATH 00, MATH 021, MATH 022, MATH 023, MATH 051, MATH 052, MATH 075, MATH 076 and MATH 081.
Residential tutoring sessions are offered on a weekly basis Sunday through Wednesday 8:30-10:00pm. Resdidential tutoring will begin the third week of class and will continue through the last week of class.
- Please click on the location link below to see a photo of the where the session is being held:
- Dravo: Lounge by B2 stairs
- Drinker: First Floor Study Lounge
- Richards: First Floor Lounge (painted yellow)
- Lower Cents: Stevens Lounge (small side room with tables and chairs)
- M&M: Lounge between A2 & B2
- Taylor: C Lounge
- Upper Cents: Leavit Lounge (this space is situated near the exit and has four chairs and a white board)
- Do not wait until the week of your exam to visit the Center - we cannot stress this enough!
- Prepare for your tutoring session. Read your textbook, review notes, attempt the homework problems, and don't forget to bring your notes and book to the session!
- Come with a specific question or goal for the tutoring session. What do you want to accomplish? Be sure to communicate your goal to your tutor.
- Not working for you? Try a different time or a different tutor... If it's still not working, contact our Center director, Kara Uhrich, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss other options for tutoring in this class!