You are here
During the first ten weeks of college you will begin to develop routines, create new social connections and establish your place at Lehigh. We will expose you to the multitude of opportunities that exist on campus, and encourage you to reflect on those opportunities to maximize your Lehigh experience.
The 5x10, which reads as the five by ten, is a programming series open to all Lehigh students with a specific focus on first-year students and their connection to Lehigh. All first-year students are expected to attend five programs during the first ten weeks of the semester in at least three of the Five Foundations of Student Success in bLUeprint. (They could attend one program or event that addresses each of the Five Foundations). Students will have a wide variety of programs to help them make their selections.
Check Banner to verify which 5x10 programs you have attended. Check out this PDF for instructions on where to find your completed 5x10 programs.
Hosting 5x10 Programs
If you are a part of a Lehigh University Office, Program, or Organization and would like to have an opportunity available for students, please read over the following criteria before submitting a 5x10 program proposal.
- The program’s objectives must closely align with the selected 5 x 10 foundation.
- The program should include some sort of student engagement such as a discussion, question and answer session, role play participation, or small group work.
- Participants’ learning should be the main focus of the program. Social programs will not be accepted.
- The program must be submitted at least one week before the event’s date.
- The venue in which the program is held must be contained to ensure that attendance is tracked accurately. Example: The UC Front Lawn is not a contained space
- The submitting office/organization must be willing to assist with 5 x 10 attendance tracking which may include emailing the OFYE an attendance list.
The last day to complete the 5x10 program requirement is Friday, November 2, 2018. The last day to submit 5x10 program proposals was Friday, October 19, 2018.
Fall 2018 5x10 Events
- View the Fall 2018 5x10 Calendar of Events
- The 5x10 schedule is also available on the Guidebook App used during Orientation. Download the Guidebook App and search for "2018 Lehigh University Orientation Guide". Select the Main Schedule to view 5x10 events.