If you are a part of a Lehigh University Office, Program, or Organization and would like to have an opportunity available for students, please read over the following criteria before submitting a 5x10 event proposal.
- The event’s objectives must closely align with the selected 5x10 foundation.
- The event must include an element of student engagement where students will have an opportunity to connect their learning to the selected 5x10 foundation and reflect on their experience.
- Participants’ learning should be the main focus of the event. Social programs will not be accepted.
- The event must be submitted at least two weeks before the event’s date.
- The venue in which the event is held must be contained to ensure that attendance is tracked accurately.
- Example: The UC Front Lawn is not a contained space.
- The submitting office/organization must be willing to assist with 5x10 attendance tracking which includes submitting the attendance electronically to the OFYE at firstname.lastname@example.org no more than 2 days after the event. (*LINC IS NOT BEING USED TO TRACK ATTENDANCE THIS YEAR. THE OFYE WILL BE ENTERING ATTENDANCE INTO BANNER.)
- All programs must be approved by an OFYE staff member prior to advertising/hosting as a 5x10 event.
The last day for students to complete the 5x10 program requirement is Friday, November 5, 2021. Events that occur after November 5 will not be considered for the 5x10 program. The last day to submit a 5x10 event proposal is Friday, October 29, 2021. **The alignment to a 5x10 foundation and quality of student engagement may impact whether or not the program qualifies as a 5x10.**
If you are interested in submitting an event to be considered as a 5x10, you must first join the “NavigateLU Administration” Organization on LINC. Once you are a member of the organization, you will be able to submit an event. Detailed instructions will be posted here soon. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nicole Burke at email@example.com.
Faculty and Staff
If you are a faculty or staff member interested in submitting an event to be considered as a 5x10, you must first join the “NavigateLU Administration” Organization on LINC. Once you are a member of the organization, please follow the instructions on this webpage to submit an event/program proposal.
If you are a member of a student organization, you will submit your event as you normally would in LINC. You will be asked whether or not you want your event to be considered as a 5x10, which will give you access to the 5x10 event proposal. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nicole Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org