If you are a part of a Lehigh University Office, Program, or Organization and would like to have an opportunity available for students, please read over the following criteria before submitting a 5x10 event proposal.
- The event’s objectives must closely align with the selected 5x10 foundation.
- The event must include an element of student engagement where students will have an opportunity to connect their learning to the selected 5x10 foundation and reflect on their experience.
- Participants’ learning should be the main focus of the event. Social programs will not be accepted.
- The event must be submitted at least two weeks before the event’s date.
- The venue in which the event is held must be contained to ensure that attendance is tracked accurately.
- Example: The UC Front Lawn is not a contained space.
- The submitting office/organization must be willing to assist with 5x10 attendance tracking which includes entering attendance into the LINC event page during/after the event. Please follow the instructions on this webpage to track attendance.
- All programs must be approved by an OFYE staff member prior to advertising/hosting as a 5x10 event.
Changes to the 5x10 program and proposal for the fall 2020 semester
- Events will now span the entire semester -- the last day to host a 5x10 event will be Friday, November 20.
- All First-Year students will be expected to attend at least 3 events, and each event should fall within a unique 5x10 category. This is different from past years, where students needed to attend at least 5 events and could overlap some
- Changes to the 5x10 proposal: Virtual vs. Hybrid Events
- When filling out the 5x10 proposal portion of the LINC event form, you will be given two options for the format of your event... fully virtual or hybrid.
- A fully virtual event can be held on any accessible platform (Zoom, webinar, etc.).
- A hybrid event can have an in-person component, meaning that the event can be held in person as long as all Covid-19 guidelines are followed; however if you are planning to host your event in-person, you must also make it accessible for any student who would like to participate virtually, in real time.
If you have any additional questions about hosting a hybrid event and the parameters that need to be met in order to do so, please let me know. I should also note, any in-person event/gathering will be subject to additional review to ensure that Covid-19 guidelines are met, so please plan ahead as it will likely take more time for hybrid events to receive final approval.
Faculty and Staff
If you are a faculty or staff member interested in submitting an event to be considered as a 5x10, you must first join the “NavigateLU Administration” Organization on LINC. Once you are a member of the organization, please follow the instructions on this webpage to submit an event/program proposal.
If you are a member of a student organization, you will submit your event as you normally would in LINC. You will be asked whether or not you want your event to be considered as a 5x10, which will give you access to the 5x10 event proposal. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nicole Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org