If you are a part of a Lehigh University Office, Program, or Organization and would like to have an opportunity available for students, please read over the following criteria before submitting a 5x10 event proposal.
- The event’s objectives must closely align with the selected 5x10 foundation and at least one of the learning outcomes associated with that foundation.
- The event must include an element of student engagement where students will have an opportunity to connect their learning to the selected 5x10 foundation and reflect on their experience.
- Participants’ learning should be the main focus of the event. Social programs will not be accepted.
- The event must be submitted at least two weeks before the event’s date.
- The venue in which the event is held must be contained to ensure that attendance is tracked accurately. If the event is held in a non-contained space, the host must outline a plan for accurate attendance tracking in the proposal form.
- The submitting office/organization must be willing to assist with 5x10 attendance tracking which includes uploading the attendance to the LINC event page no more than 2 days after the event.
- All programs must be approved by an OFYE staff member prior to advertising/hosting as a 5x10 event.
The last day for students to complete the 5x10 program requirement is Friday, November 3, 2023. Events that occur after November 3 will not be considered for the 5x10 program. The last day to submit a 5x10 event proposal is Friday, October 20, 2023. **The alignment to a 5x10 foundation and quality of student engagement may impact whether or not the program qualifies as a 5x10. In light of the updates to the bLUeprint Foundations, events that have been hosted in the past are not guaranteed to be approved again.**
Faculty and Staff
If you are a faculty or staff member interested in submitting an event to be considered as a 5x10, you may do so through your office/department LINC page, OR if your office/department doesn’t have a LINC page, you should join the “NavigateLU Administration” Organization on LINC to submit your event. See the LINC 5x10 Event Proposal Guide below for detailed instructions on submitting an event proposal. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a member of a student organization, you must submit your 5x10 proposal through your student organization’s LINC page. There are additional event form steps required for student organizations to complete in LINC.