5x10 Events, NavigateLU & LINC STUDENT GUIDE
View the steps below, or click here for the PDF version with screen shots.
Finding 5x10 Events in LINC
- Go to LINC website: lehigh.campuslabs.com/engage
- If you have never used LINC before, you will be prompted to create an account. Fill in your First Name, Last Name, and Lehigh Email Address, and click “Create My Account.”
- Once you create an account, you will be brought to the home page. In order to find 5x10 events (and other events hosted by campus organizations), you can either click the “Events” tab at the top of the page, or you can scroll down to the “Events” section and click “View More Events.”
- Now you will be on the Events page, where you can search and filter for different types of campus events using the control panel on the left-hand side of the screen. Remember, not ALL events that are in LINC are 5x10 events, so you have to make sure you know what you’re looking for!
- In order to narrow down the list of events to only include 5x10s, click on the “Categories” drop-down menu and select “5x10.” This will remove all events that do not qualify for 5x10 credit.
- If you would like to search for events that are categorized in a specific Foundation (i.e. events that will fulfill the “Inclusive Leadership” Foundation), find the Foundation in the Categories drop-down menu and select it. This will narrow the list of events to only include 5x10s within that specific Foundation. **NOTE: When filtering for events in the “Categories” section, please only “check” one category at a time. If you select one of the Five Foundations (Collaborative Connections, Creative Curiosity, Identity Development, Inclusive Leadership, or Professional Growth & Success), all events will automatically be 5x10 events.**
- If you see an event you like, go ahead and click on it to learn more! You will find the event description, as well as the date, time, and location of the event. You also have the option to RSVP (this is not required for most events, and if it is there will be specific instructions in the description). Only events that have “5x10” and one of the 5 Foundations for Student Success listed in the “Categories” section on the event page qualify as 5x10 events.
You must sign-in for every 5x10 event you attend in order to get credit. This could mean writing your Lehigh E-Mail Address on a paper sign-in sheet, typing your Lehigh E-Mail Address into the event page, or swiping your ID Card. Please bring your Lehigh ID Card to every 5x10 event you attend.
Tracking Your Progress
- LINC is also where you’ll be able to track your NavigateLU Progress (both 5x10s and your meetings with Faculty/Staff and your OL). Click on the letter icon in the top right corner of the page. When the drop down menu appears, click “Paths.”
- At the top of the page, you will be able to see your “Overall Progress,” and then your progress for 5x10s and each of your required NavigateLU meetings. As you complete each requirement, the progress bar/percentage will continue to increase. Once they are at 100% and the green line is filled all the way to the right hand side of the screen, you’ll know you’ve completed your requirements!
- When you scroll down, you can see exactly which Foundations you have completed (based on events you attended) within the 5x10 program. Remember, attend at least 3 programs that fall in 3 different foundations– so if you attend 2 Professional Growth & Success events, one of them will not count toward the 3 total programs you need to attend. It’s strongly encouraged that you attend an event within each of the 5 Foundations. You can also see how many meetings you’ve completed for NavigateLU, and how many you have left. Click on each link to explore!
- If you enjoyed the event(s) you attended and want to learn more/contact the organizer, you can always view all of the events you attended (as long as you signed in!) in LINC. To do this, click on the letter icon in the top right corner of the page. When the drop down menu appears, click “Event History.” On the “My Event History” page, the events you’ve attended will be listed, and if you click on the “Event Details” link, it will direct you to the original event page.
If you have any questions about how to find 5x10 events, whether or not an event will count as a 5x10, or how to track your progress for the entire NavigateLU program, please reach out to Nicole Burke at email@example.com and/or the Office of First-Year Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 758-1300. Thank you!