Are you a “Maker” or aspiring to be one? Want to get a jump start on learning to use all of Lehigh’s available state-of-the-art resources for prototyping or designing? Well, then this is the PreLUsion program for you. Use Lehigh’s 3D printing resources to build a custom keepsake, or cut through stone with the waterjet as you become proficient using these tools that are not only fun but will become a resource for the rest of your stay at Lehigh! Laser cutters? We have that! CNC Machining? Yep, we have that too! Oh, and the swag that allows you to proudly proclaim you participated in Fabricate:LU? We will make that too – custom t-shirt, water bottle, and more. Interspersed will be a little healthy competition to help get you motivated!
As part of this intensive, exciting foray into making, students will:
- Explore traditional methods of work, such as bending sheet metal to give it form
- Learn to harness the powers of programming and electronics with an arduino microcontroller
- Get exposed to the exciting technology of 3D printing by designing and printing components of your project
- Use the laser cutter, waterjet, t-shirt printer, vinyl cutter, and more to enhance your immersive experience
- Explore the local area and learn the history of an old manufacturing city all the while enjoying the culinary delights found in Bethlehem
- Experience the thrill of taking disparate components made with a wide variety of skills, and combining them into a final, functional, tool to compete against fellow participants.
No special skills, abilities, or experience is necessary! Join us and we’ll teach you.
Minimum number of participants required for the program to run: 8
For more information contact Michael Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org