How to Apply
- Submit your application through the link below. We accept applications year round, but we do the majority of our hiring late spring for the following fall semester.
- Submit a recommendation from a professor
You may have your professor complete the Professor Recommendation Form (pdf). Forms should be submitted to the Center Director in Williams Hall Room 301.
You may have your professor send an email stating that she/he feels you are competent to tutor in the subject. Emails can be sent to the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be evaluated based on academic performance, the application, the faculty recommendation and the interview.
Information for new tutors
- Applicants who are selected to become tutors must complete a mandatory tutor orientation program prior to beginning tutoring.
- New tutors who have never worked on campus must complete the following payroll forms prior to beginning tutoring**:
- I-9 Form and Instructions (The I-9 form requires that you present either your U.S. passport or social security card. Please make arrangements to have one of these documents on campus with you.)
- 2019 IRS Form W-4
- Act 32 (Local Tax) - Residency Certification Form (This form is asking for your local, or Lehigh, address)
- Tutors may opt to have their pay checks deposited directly into their bank accounts. If you wish to have direct deposit, please also complete the direct deposit authorization form.
**Note: The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) in Coxe Lab will assist all international students with payroll forms; please contact the OISS to find out what forms and documents are required.