You are here
The evoLUtion Seminar is a fall semester experience that is founded in bLUeprint, which focuses on the Five Foundations of Student Success: Creative Curiosity, Identity Development, Collaborative Connections, Inclusive Leadership and Professional Growth and Success. Through group and individual meetings, students will discuss their transition to the university environment, enhance their knowledge of academic and campus resources, and reflect on their experiences joining the Lehigh community. Groups will include 15 first-year students, a faculty/staff facilitator, and an upperclass student peer leader.
You will meet three times per semester with your faculty/staff facilitator and peer leader.
- Facilitator Meeting 1: Discuss bLUeprint, academic and personal goals, transition to campus life
- Facilitator Meeting 2: Discuss resources and goal progress, student challenges and what they are learning
- Peer Leader Meeting: Discuss adjustment to Lehigh and social connections
Small groups will meet at least four times in the first 10 weeks of the semester for 50 minutes each. The general format of each meeting will be:
- Meeting 1: Discuss group expectations and build connections with individuals in your group
- Meeting 2: Discuss individual experiences and identities, build a support network to enhance your success
- Meeting 3: Discuss academic and campus resources and define goals for success
- Meeting 4: Discuss current campus and community issues and culture
Campus Exposure and the 5x10
To help expose students to the vast array of resources and intellectually engaging opportunities on campus, students are asked to attend five programs within the first ten weeks of the semester, ideally addressing each of the Five Foundations of Student Success. Students may attend more than one program in a foundation area and should have exposure to at least three of the foundations
through the 5x10 programs they attend. After each program/event/opportunity, students should complete a reflection in their Draft Book.
Registering for the Seminar
An email will be sent the first week of the semester so you can select your group meeting times.
2017 evoLUtion Seminar Assessment