Role of An Advisor
Thank you for getting involved with one of our chapters! Your continued involvement and support reinforces that membership is for a lifetime. As a chapter advisor, you provide important support to chapter officers and the membership as a whole. As an advisor, you provide advice and guidance in chapter operations, student mentoring and coaching, ensure compliance with organizational and University policies and offer a consistent presence in times of transition. You are often a liaison between the chapter and different stakeholders.
General responsibilities may include: attending chapter/leadership meetings, regular communication with the undergraduate chapter, OFSA and inter/national organization, participating in an advisory board, and meeting with individual officers. Specific expectations should be created between the chapter and the advisor.
The 2nd Annual Advisor Academy was hosted on Saturday, October 27th, 2018. Below are materials (presentations, agenda) shared during the Academy.
- Opening Remarks
- Why Can't We Be Friends? (Conduct breakout)
- Navigating Partnerships breakout
- Hazing: Debriefing 2017-18
- Community Engagement
- CSO Infographic and Guiding Principles
- IFC breakout
The inaugural Advisor Academy was hosted on Saturday, November 4th, 2017. Below are a number of resources and materials shared during the Academy.
- Accreditation's Greatest Hits
- Advising & Best Practices and minutes
- IFC Breakout session
- Organizations & the Conduct Process powerpoint
- Panhellenic Council Breakout
- Risk Management Realities & Strategies powerpoint and handout
- Welcome powerpoint
Staff Contact Information
Phoebe Galbraith, Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cultural Greek Council & Panhellenic Council Advisor
- Alpha Tau Omega, Chi Phi, Chi Psi, Gamma Phi Beta, Lambda Theta Alpha, Pi Beta Phi, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Sigma Psi Zeta, Zeta Tau Alpha
- Pre-recruitment activities, Community Service Liaison
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Hazing Prevention
- New Member Education
- OFSA Blog
- Programming and Education (P&E) Form
- Housing Services
- Social Host Resources