The Leadership Adventures Program is a preLUsion program for incoming students excited to get outside and explore the area of their new campus home, prior to attending Fall Orientation.
This experience is uniquely designed to help you learn more about your leadership potential and strengths while having lots of outdoor fun!! You’ll have the opportunity to engage in activities, both indoor and outdoor, that are designed to help you transition into your new identity as a college student and learn more about yourself. As a group, we will also travel to the beautiful Blue Mountain Resort for an opportunity to be in nature and participate in white-water rafting, while getting the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the Lehigh campus to make you feel at home in just three short days!
As a part of this three-day discovery:
- Discover more about your strengths and leadership potential
- Gain leadership skills through experiential learning activities at Lehigh and at off-campus destinations, such as the beautiful Blue Mountain Resort, located in Palmerton, PA
- Enjoy the fun-filled adventures of white-water rafting with your peers and upper-class students
- Most of all, get a chance to have fun and embrace your new college adventures!
*Please note that some activities may be physically demanding and tiring for some students. We would love for everyone to participate in all activities but encourage the challenge by choice model and prioritize the wellness of all students.
Cost: $350 Capacity: 35
For more information contact Casey Gonzalez, Assistant Director for Leadership Education at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
For our outdoor activities, we require students to bring the following:
- A bathing suit or clothes they don’t mind getting wet for Whitewater Rafting.
- Closed-toe sneakers (for ropes-course activities)
- Closed-toe sandals, water shoes, or old sneakers (for rafting)
- Change of dry clothes after rafting -- you will get wet!!
Note: Sandals, flip flops, crocs or bare feet are not permitted on ropes courses or whitewater rafting.
We are currently revising a new re-imagined schedule for our 2023 program. Once we have finalized the schedule we will send it to participants who sign up for our program by mid-July 2023.
This will not be an overnight trip at an off-campus location. We will travel to our off-campus locations on a bus and return to campus late afternoon on each day that requires traveling.
We are excited to hear that you would like to become a PreLUsion leader for LAP! Applications to be a 2024 PreLUsion leader for LAP opens up in the 2024 spring semester. Leaders must be an undergraduate student returning for the next academic year and participate in an all-day training in April or May. We will send an email to all participants once applications open!